Home away from Home
Hennie, Marianne and our sons are a South African family and proud to be your Hosts.
We specialize in accommodation for international and local students and have been hosting students for more than 8 years.
For us it is a privilege to open our home and hearts to help and assist people from all over the world. We feel it is very important to have constant interaction in the house. This brings the “Home away from Home” feeling to the Students as they feel part of the Household and its responsibilities.
Dinner is a very special time for the Students as we discuss happenings of the day and all share our different experiences. This is not compulsory on weekends.
APPLY TO BECOME A CARPIE…
It all begins here…
We don’t just give students an education and experiences that set them up for success in a career. We help them succeed in their career—to discover a field they’re passionate about and dare to lead it.
• We interact as a family by playing games and have heaps of fun and laughter in the pool!
• We often take our Students to visit Cultural Museums and other interesting events. This expands their general knowledge of South Africa and adds value to their lives. (This is not compulsory, but most of the times the Students join in on these events).
All of the above interactions and activities add to our huge effort to make the Students feel at home and welcome with us.
• Two rooms, sharing a bathroom.
• One room upstairs with twin beds and a private bathroom.
• One room, 3 single beds, dressing room and private bathroom
All our rooms have a small colour TV, beds and a desk.
Cleaning of rooms and Laundry:
• The students make their own beds. The House Assistant will do the general cleaning of the room and bathroom daily. On weekends the students will do their own rooms as the House Assistant does not work weekends.
• Laundry is once a week. Each student will get a day that he/she must put the laundry out to be done.
Meals & House Rules
Breakfast: – Cereals.
Lunch: – Sandwich, students make their own lunch :-
Dinner: – is a reasonable portion of a cooked family meal.
These will be read and signed by students and parents as proof that they understand and consent to all.
Keep up with the latest upcoming events